On a hunt for an air purifier and a humidifier? We’re happy to report you can now get both conveniently combined in a single machine! In fact, an air purifier humidifier combo is the stuff of dreams for allergy and asthma sufferers. It prevents dry nose and throat issues while purifying the air you breathe. Even if you don’t suffer from respiratory problems, it’s a great unit to have around to maintain a healthy environment at home.
We won’t need to convince you of the virtues of having an air purifier and a humidifier. But did you know that a combo unit is not only more efficient and can help you save on your power bills? Not to mention, it reduces the number of appliances cluttering your home. If this sounds good and you’re interested in purchasing an air purifier & humidifier combined, keep on reading. We’ll walk you through key buying criteria and review the best units available for purchase.
The Best Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
- Best Air Purifier Humidifier Combo – Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster »
- Runner-Up – Boneco H300 Hybrid Humidifier »
- Best Cold Evaporative Humidifier – Venta LW15 »
- Most Affordable Air Purifier Humidifier Combo – OPOLAR EV01 »
- Most Multi-Functional Unit – Dreval D 950 Air Purifier Humidifier »
Hey all! I’m Darcy, chief copywriter at Best For Sleeping. Thank you so much for dropping by. If you like my writing and buy via a link on our site, we may earn affiliate income, all thanks to you!
How to Choose an Air Purifier Humidifier Combo
Before you begin purchasing your air purifier and humidifier combo, ask yourself the 4 questions below. Your responses will guide your buying decision by pinpointing the set of features you absolutely need.
Top 5 Air Purifier Humidifier Compared
Let’s run a quick comparison of the features and specifications of the top 5 air purifier and humidifier combos. You can very quickly filter out the units that don’t meet your use case and requirements.
|Brand||Air Purifying Technology||Humidifier Runtime||Coverage Area||Noise Output||Price|
|True HEPA, activated carbon filter & ionizer||Lasts up to 10 hours||Covers 341 sq ft||Noise rated at 19 – 28 dB|
Boneco H300 Hybrid Humidifier
|Permanent & pre-filter||16 hours of runtime||Large coverage of 540 sq ft||Noise emitted: 28 – 51 dB|
|Filterless humidifier||Up to 24 hours||Covers between 200 – 300 sq ft||Noise rated at 22 – 32 dB|
|Ionizer & air filter||Up to 24 hours||Covers 300 sq ft||Noise emitted: 25 – 40 dB|
Dreval D 950 Air Purifier Humidifier
|H13 HEPA, UV, activated carbon filter & ionizer||6-hour runtime||Noise emitted: 18 – 55 dB||Covers around 430 sq ft|
Air Purifier Humidifier Combo Reviews
1. Best Air Purifier Humidifier Combo – Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster
Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster
Sharp KC-850 is designed for larger rooms up to 341 square feet, with a True HEPA, carbon-based filter, and Plasmacluster Ion technology. It successfully removes dust, mold, viruses, bacteria, smoke, cooking, and pet odors. Featuring 3 fan speeds and an auto mode.
- Purifying and humidifying unit with True Hepa and ionizer
- Filters particles as small as 0.3 microns
- Auto mode detects and adjusts settings intelligently
- 3 fan speeds
Sharp KC-850 is the best-in-class with three filtration levels, a 1.14-gallon water tank, and up to 10-hours of uninterrupted run time. Featuring built-in dust, temperature, and humidity sensors that control the room’s air quality and adjust settings accordingly. It’s most suitable for large living rooms and people suffering from allergies.
Sharp KC-850 is one of the quietest air purifier humidifiers producing noise of 19 dB to 28 dB depending on the work level. Extended run time and silent work make it great for at night use. The manufacturer is a well-established brand offering an excellent 5-year warranty.
Pros and Cons of the Sharp KC-850U Plasmacluster
- The only combo unit to detect environmental changes and intelligently adjust settings to maintain air quality and humidity levels.
- Trusted brand with a long-standing history and reputation.
- Quietest unit review with whisper-quiet mode as low as 18 dB.
- Sharp’s Plasmacluster and True Hepa filtration gives you the best air quality out of all the units reviewed.
- It’s expensive but worth it if you’re looking for a combo unit. Might be out of range for some.
Experience the one of a kind, patented Plasmacluster Ion air purification that only Sharp KC-850 offers. Once you feel the benefits, you’ll be happy with the price!
2. Runner-Up – Boneco H300 Hybrid Humidifier
Boneco H300 Hybrid Humidifier
Boneco H300 is a hybrid unit that operates as an air purifier and humidifier simultaneously or separately. It comes with permanent and pre-filter, an app for wireless control, and dishwasher safe parts. The bonus – an essential oil tray for diffusing your favorite aroma.
- 2 filters (pre-filter and pollen filter) and humidifying function
- 6 pre-program settings including sleep mode
- Automatic shutoff
- Comes with a companion app
Boneco H300 is designed for large spaces up to 540 square feet with 2 filtration levels, a 1.2-gallon water tank, and up to 16 hours uninterrupted run time. You can use air purification and humidifying options together or separately. The noise output level ranges between 28 – 51 dB, and there’s an integrated humidity sensor. The user-friendly app allows you to control, adjust the settings, and monitor the air quality from the palm of your hand.
Boneco H300 has one filter that needs replacement every 12 months while other parts are dishwasher safe. The unit comes with an automatic shut-off, 6 pre-programmed settings, and an essential oils tray.
Pros and Cons of the Boneco H300 Hybrid Humidifier
- High capacity and long-running unit capable of operating up to 16 hours.
- Overall the Boneco H300 is solid. It’s built well. It’s high quality.
- Comes with a built-in hygrometer so you can tell what the humidity levels are.
- Convenient. Some of Boneco’s components are dishwasher safe.
- It can be slightly noisier than other units but overall, this isn’t a huge problem.
Boneco H300 is a high-quality energy-efficient combo unit built to last and easy to control. There’s no better unit for a large space.
3. Best Cold Evaporative Humidifier – Venta LW15
Venta LW15 is a lightweight, filter-free evaporative air purifier and humidifier. It’s designed for spaces up to 300 square feet, has a 1.4-gallon tank that uses tap water, and cleans the air with a rotating disc stack. It’s energy-efficient with 3 power levels.
- Cold evaporative technology
- Rotating disc stack purifies air
- Filter particulates down to 10 microns
- Auto shutoff feature
Venta LW15 is the best cold evaporative humidifier that requires no filter replacement – just tap water. The cold evaporative system ensures low power consumption and makes it safe for children and pets. This filtration method is considered the most natural way to remove pollutants and particles down to 10 microns from the indoor air.
The noise output ranges between 22 – 32 dB while runtime is an incredible 24 hours. It’s easy to clean- just drain the water, wash the disc stack, and add Venta’s water treatment additive to the tank every two weeks. You can choose from 6 Venta Aromatherapy fragrances for an added aroma to your space.
Pros and Cons of the Venta LW15
- Long-lasting run time. On the low setting, you can run it up to 20+ hours.
- The unit doesn’t produce white dust like other humidifiers and you can use tap water!
- If you like running your unit all day, the automatic shut-off feature when low water levels are detected can be very helpful.
- While the Venta LW15 is great and functional, its size and aesthetic can be improved.
Venta LW15 is a fuss-free straightforward air washer with no advanced technology that you can set and forget. Cleans and purifies your air at the lowest cost.
4. Most Affordable Air Purifier Humidifier Combo – OPOLAR EV01
Opolar EV01 is an affordable air purifier humidifier unit with 300 square feet coverage, a 0.8-gallon water tank, and a sleek design. Features 2 filtration levels, an LCD panel for more comfortable settings adjustment, and 3 timing settings.
- Evaporative humidifier with air ionizer
- Washable filter but will still require replacement every 6 to 12 months
- Set timer and choose different run modes on the LCD panel
- Equipped with quiet mode
Opolar EV01 is our choice for the most affordable air purifier humidifier combo with a 24 hour run time. It’s an evaporative humidifier that’s soundless with 25 – 40 dB noise output. There’s no automatic shut-off but 3 timer settings of 2, 4, and 8 hours. The 2 levels of filtration include an embedded honeycomb filter that requires frequent washing and an ionizer.
The water tank capacity is smaller, but refill is made easy with the top-fill design. It’s a compact unit with extensive coverage for its size. One downside is that this air purifier humidifier is somewhat more oriented towards humidifying and has no air quality indicator or HEPA filters.
Pros and Cons of the OPOLAR EV01
- Probably the most affordable combo units we’ve seen.
- Small form factor. It doesn’t take up too much space and is sleek looking to boot.
- Super easy to use. Convenient top-fill design.
- Doesn’t feel flimsy. Looks well made overall.
- Hard to view the water reservoir’s fill lines due to how it’s designed.
- No auto turn-off feature.
Looking for a 2-in1 unit that won’t break the bank? Try the Opolar EV01; it’s budget-friendly and energy-efficient with a modernist design and low maintenance costs.
5. Most Multi-Functional Unit – Dreval D 950 Air Purifier Humidifier
Dreval D 950 Air Purifier Humidifier
Dreval D 950 air purifier humidifier has an impressive 7 air purification levels, an intelligent odor sensor system with a 3-color system for air quality notification, and whisper-quiet operation. This unit is designed for spaces up to 430 square feet and has 6 hours run time.
- Intelligent odor system detects air quality
- Removes air particulates down to 0.3 micron
- Filter replacement needed every 12 months
Dreval D 950 air purifier humidifier gathers the most remarkable air purification and humidification methods from every unit on our list. The 7 levels of filtration and humidification include a cold catalyst filter, activated carbon filter, antimicrobial, HEPA filter, and UV sterilization. After the air has passed all these filters, it goes to humidification. The smart odor system detects the air quality and notifies you about it with a simple 3-color method.
It’s a truly quiet unit with 18 – 55 dB noise output making it suitable for bedroom use. The only complaint is that the water tank is small, so you have to fill it several times a day to keep the humidity level you want.
Pros and Cons of the Dreval D 950 Air Purifier Humidifier
- Bundles together multiple purifying and humidifying technologies including UV sanitization, HEPA, carbon filtration.
- Built-in odor detection sensor displays room air quality using a simple 3-color system (red for bad, green for good)
- Didn’t find the unit loud at all.
- Has a small water reservoir that lasts around 8 hours before the next refill. Different users will have different results due to environmental factors.
Boost the air quality in your home with only one unit. Including 7 stages of filtration and humidification and efficient library-quiet operation, you can’t go wrong with Dreval D-950!
Choosing the Best Air Purifier Humidifier Unit
How Long Do I Need It For?
How you plan on using the humidifier will determine the size and power you need. If you want a humidifier for your office, look for one with around 8 hours of run time, while an at-home humidifier needs between 8 and 24 hours run time. Humidifier’s tank size and fan speed determine how long it can run.
Environmental factors also play a role in choosing a humidifier. Living in a tropical climate with high humidity levels, you don’t need a high powered humidifier. Meanwhile, people living in places with a dry climate and harsh winters need a high powered humidifier that can run non-stop.
What Size Humidifier Do I Need?
To choose the right size air purifier and humidifier combo, you need to decide where you’ll place it. A room’s square footage determines what size humidifier you need. An under capacity humidifier won’t give you the full benefits, and you’ll be continually running to refill it. An overcapacity humidifier can cause mold formation and several health problems, like respiratory infections.
Generally speaking, the smaller the unit, the smaller the capacity. Tabletop humidifiers are great for small rooms and offices, while the larger ones are ideal for large open spaces. Manufacturers usually explain what room size can their purifier and humidifier serve.
What Kind of Air Purification Do I Need?
If you’re considering an air purifier and humidifier combo because you have underlying respiratory issues pay close attention to what air purification your preferred unit offers. There are different kinds of filters suitable for allergy sufferers, eliminating fumes, airborne viruses, or mold spores in the air.
True HEPA filters clean out even the smallest allergens and particles down to 0.3 microns. If you want to combat smell in the room, look for carbon filters that absorb odor and VOCs. Ionizers in air purifiers capture particles and reduce static in the space, while UV purifiers kill germs, mold, and bacteria.
Is the Purifier & Humidifier Noisy?
The last thing we need in today’s stressful day-to-day life is another noisy appliance. Even the best air purifier and humidifier combo can be irritating if it’s noise output level is too high. That’s because air purifiers use fans to force the air through the filters to clean it. Purifiers with HEPA filters tend to be louder.
Look for low-noise models that guarantee to keep their noise levels at 40 dB or lower. Keeping in mind that 40 dB is the sound you can hear in a quiet library, you won’t have trouble ignoring it. If you’re sound sensitive, don’t worry, some of our chosen models have noise output as low as 19 dB!
A humidifier increases the level of moisture in the air by adding fine water droplets. It helps keep your skin from over-drying and your breathing comfortable. It’s beneficial in drier conditions or in spaces with air-conditioning.
An air purifier cleans the air by capturing and removing airborne particles, allergens, viruses, and in some cases killing germs and bacteria. It caters to your health by ensuring cleaner air.
You can use two separate units simultaneously; they just need to be far apart because some components in air purifiers can weaken if exposed to high humidity. But if used separately, they don’t give out the same effect. Air needs to get purified before the humidification process. If used independently, you will be breathing humidified air that might not have been cleaned or vice versa.